#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Vivian Arend
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book
- There are a whole lot of water/wet scenes in this book (take that any way you want!)
- While I was writing this book I finally had to draw a map of the Coleman land so I’d know which direction people were traveling to get to creeks, houses, etc
- I phoned an organic rancher who lives in Alberta to double-check information for the book. When I offered the woman a couple of my print books as a thanks, she told me she didn’t read much, and never romance. Sigh.
- I had the toughest time remembering whose horse was male and whose was female– or at least I kept getting my he’s and she’s mixed up, which made for some funny scenes before they got edited and fixed.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN ANGEL is part of the Six Pack Ranch series, even though the hero, Gabe, is an ‘Angel Coleman’ as the locals call them. It was sheer coincidence that a book with Angel in the title released during the holiday season!
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Vivian: My cover artist had shown me some of Smexy’s photos before, and when it came time to find the perfect couple, she linked me to her ideas. One glance through the shoot and we had a winner!
Jenn: How well does the cover illustrate your vision of the hero/heroine? Of the story?
Vivian: So perfectly! When the cover was being put together I was doing edits and reading through the final scene it was as if the characters had walked onto the cover,
Jenn: If you could pick one element for your cover, what would it be? (chest, landscape, dress…)
Vivian: Rain. Totally the rain that makes this cover so awesome. Read the book– you’ll understand!
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Vivian: The next in the cowboys series will be out in May-ROCKY MOUNTAIN REBEL. Paranormal lovers-there’s a new wolfie book, WOLF NIP, coming Feb 12. And the Big Adventure is HIGH RISK, a new Berkley Sensation coming March 5.
Jenn: Is there more #StudioSmexy in your future?
Vivian: I sure hope so! I think there’s a bear shifter hiding out at StudioSmexy, if we can convince him to join us!
Vivian Arend in one word: Adventurous. In a sentence: Willing to try just about anything once. That wide-eyed attitude has taken her around North America, through parts of Europe, and into Central and South America, often with no running water.
Her optimistic outlook also meant that when challenged to write a book, she gave it a shot, and discovered creating worlds to play in was nearly as addictive as traveling the real one. Now a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of both contemporary and paranormal stories, Vivian continues to explore, write and otherwise keep herself well entertained.
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of Rocky Mountain Angel. All you have to do is leave a comment.