#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Mia Marlowe
Lovely, lovely, lovely Mia. I met Mia through our designer, Carrie at Seductive Musings. She needed a pirate, and I had a Karl to fit the bill. Since then we’ve had a few more covers come through the works, and I think we have a few more on the horizon. Mia is a wonderful woman, a beautiful writer, and has a visual sensibility that I love to work with. So without further adoooooo—
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book
- Captain Nicholas Scott, hero of LORD OF DEVIL ISLE, is a smuggler/trader based in Bermuda just before the Revolutionary War.
- My heroine Eve spent time in prison before she was shipwrecked on the way to Colonies. Nick fishes her out of the storm-tossed Atlantic and refuses to take her on to Charleston.
- History buffs rejoice! There’s a true-to-history raid on the British powder magazine on Bermuda in the book.
- I actually visited Bermuda to make sure the settings were accurate! Hope you can smell the trade breeze.
- Nick’s beloved ship, the Susan Bell, is named for my dear little dog Susie Bell. She was my constant companion for 12 years and I still miss her every day.
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Mia: No, Carrie of Seductive Designs sent me over to browse through Smexy’s incredible portfolio of images. Talk about man-candy. It’s hard to pick just one!
Jenn: How well does the cover illustrate your vision of the hero/heroine? Of the story?
Mia: The cover really captures Nick’s smoldering sensuality and dangerous nature. I love it.
Jenn: If you could pick one element for your cover, what would it be? (chest, landscape, dress…)
Mia: Oh, my, there’s so much to choose from, but one of the things that really works on the cover of LORD OF DEVIL ISLE is that the model is wet. Nick first meets the heroine when he dives into the waves to fight off a tiger shark that’s circling her and her friends. In all my imaginings of Nicholas Scott, he’s always hauling himself back into his ship, dripping wet and totally hot after a
brush with razor-jawed death.
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Mia: My next release will be STROKE OF GENIUS, the tale of a brawny and brilliant marble sculptor. And of course, Carrie is using a Smexy model for the cover.
Jenn: Is there more #StudioSmexy in your future?
Mia: Yes, indeed. Next summer, SILK DREAMS will feature another fabulous Smexy image. Be sure to pop over to http://miamarlowe.com/next.php to check out my cover art. It’s always posted there first!
Mia’s work has been featured in PEOPLE magazine and one of her books is on display at the Museum of London Docklands! Her TOUCH OF A ROGUE was named one of Publishers Weekly’s Top Ten Romances for Spring, but the accolade Mia loves most comes from her readers.
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of Mia’s Lord of the Devil Isle. All you have to do is leave a comment.