#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Laurie London
Adorable, sweet, lovely, wonderful, fun Laurie. We’ve been twitter friends for awhile, but FINALLY got to meet at Authors After Dark last year. It was a BLAST. Laurie tagged along on a photoshoot, Gonzo style, on and around Bourbon Street in NOLA. It was such a blast. Tricia, who designed her Smexy cover, was also with us. We had SO MUCH FUN. I can’t wait to see this woman again, hopefully next month in Portland… *nudge nudge*
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book
- Because every romance needs a sexy premise, when you cross through an Iron Portal, everything (including clothes) disintegrates. I thought it would be interesting to have two strangers, enemies actually, cross through together and end up naked on the other side. LOL
- Originally, the heroine of ASSASSIN’S TOUCH had a different name (Nalia), but for some reason, it never felt quite right. When I watched a performance by The Lumineers at a special live session in Seattle, I was intrigued by their cellist, Neyla. The name was similar to the heroine’s name, but it sounded a little more beautiful and other-worldly to me.
- The first time I saw the hero in my head was when he was silhouetted in the cave, standing over Neyla and wearing only a leather kilt. I then had to backtrack to figure out what happened to get them into this situation in the first place.
- Because I’m a horse girl, I wanted to work horses into the story, but I wanted to have a contemporary world too. So I created two worlds—one contemporary with technology, etc. and one medieval-like with horses and castles. One of my favorite scenes happens when they’re on his horse.
- I first wrote ASSASSIN’S TOUCH to submit to the now defunct Harlequin Bites line, but I changed my mind and held onto it. I’m so glad I did, because I expanded the world and turned it into a series.
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Laurie: Yes! I drooled over your stock photo site as soon as I’d heard of it. Now, I visit quite often. 😉
Jenn: How well does the cover illustrate your vision of the hero/heroine? Of the story?
Laurie: Trish Pickyme did a great job! She found the perfect sexy image of the hero, changed the kilt to look like
font looks like stone.
Jenn: If you could pick one element for your cover, what would it be? (chest, landscape, dress…)
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word
Laurie: Myself? Um…nice?
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Laurie: The next Iron Portal book, Rogue’s Passion, will be out soon.
Jenn: Is there more #StudioSmexy in your future?
Laurie: Yes, definitely!
Laurie London is the author of the Sweetblood and Iron Portal series—dark, sexy paranormal romance, set primarily in the Pacific Northwest. Publisher’s Weekly calls the Sweetblood series “sexy” and “sizzling.” Her latest release, ASSASSIN’S TOUCH, kicks off the new Iron Portal series.
She lives on a small farm outside of Seattle with her husband, two children and a variety of animals. After graduating cum laude with a business degree from Western Washington University, she worked for a Fortune 500 company as a programmer/tester and an underwriter. Her other jobs included cocktail waitress, hotel maid, candy store manager and bridal gown sales.
When not writing, she can be found running, reading, sewing, making jewelry, mucking stalls, volunteering or riding her horse. Someday she hopes to qualify for the Quarter Horse World Show – that is, if her horse doesn’t get hurt again.
For more information about Laurie’s books, visit her website at www.LaurieLondonBooks.com
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of Assassin’s Touch. All you have to do is leave a comment.