#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Delilah Marvelle
DELILAH DELILAH DELILAH!!!! OMG how much I adore this woman. She is smart, brave, and a touch cray. It’s the perfect heady mix. We’ve now worked together on a few projects, and have a few more in the works and I look forward to every single crazy second of it. As an author, Delilah makes me want to be stronger, braver..smarter.
I love how her books are all out, full on in your face OMG DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!?!? IN THE HALLWAY?!?!? OMG DID HE JUST LICK HER FACE IN THAT CARRIAGE?!?!!? the answer, inevitable, is always, YES. And I come back to my favorite scenes and read and re read and rerere read. In short, (or not so much) Nothin’ but love for this woman.
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book:
- I wrote the story in 2 weeks.
- Inspiration for the story struck when I was watching The Graduate. Hence, why my novella in the anthology is called Merry Christmas, Mrs. Robinson.
- Maire Claremont, who is in the anthology with me, is one of my closest friends and CP. We’ve known each other for well over 10 years and it was really cool to be in the same anthology with someone I adore so much.
- When I was in London, I bought a book on Victorian Christmas knowing one day I would write a Christmas story. I finally put that research book to use 6 years later when I pieced together this story.
- I listened to Last Christmas by Wham over and over to ‘inspire’ me.
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Delilah: Hell yeah! Who doesn’t know about Studio Smexy!!
Jenn: How well does the cover illustrate your vision of the hero/heroine? Of the story?
Delilah: I can’t tell you how perfect this cover fits. Aside from the heroine having blonde hair and the hero being dark-haired,
the tenderness being shared between them, of her cradling him, encompasses their relationship beautifully. They go from friends to lovers, so it really reflects the story. When I saw it, I melted knowing it was THE cover for the story.
Jenn: If you could pick one element for your cover, what would it be? (chest, landscape, dress…)
Delilah: The gown. It’s sexy yet elegant and takes over the cover, giving it a historical feel.
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word?
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Delilah: Lady of Pleasure, book 3 in my School of Gallantry series, which features MORE Studio Smexy! The School of Gallantry is a historical romance series that features a school that educates men in the art of love and seduction.
Jenn: Is there more #StudioSmexy in your future?
Delilah: Oh hell yes! All the remaining covers in the School of Gallantry series are Studio Smexy blessed and my series after that will also be Studio Smexy blessed. I loooove Jen’s eye for photos. Her photos are amazing.
Delilah Marvelle is the winner of the Reviewer’s Choice for Best Sensual Historical Romance of the Year and had Booklist name her historical romance Forever and a Day one of the TOP 10 Romance of 2012. When she isn’t writing, she’s digging through research books.
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of All I Want For Christmas is a Duke. All you have to do is leave a comment.