#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Katalina Leon
Jenn: Hi Katalina!
Katalina: Thank you Jenn for having me today as Studio Smexy’s guest! I’m thrilled to be here and I love my Studio Smexy cover image on book 2 of the Bag Of Tricks series Claimed By Dragons
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book
- Claimed By Dragons was Amber Skyze‘s love child. She wrote all the plot and character storylines. I came in later and filled out the basic template. This was the first time either of us had co-written in this way and I admire Amber’s patience and trust in me immensely.
- Amber is a dragon-shifter fan but I had never read a dragon-shifter book. This both complicated matters and gave us an advantage. I wanted to try a different angle on the story telling and I was on my own to do so. I took a gamble and I’m really happy with the results. Claimed By Dragons is the most reviewed and the highest reviewed of all my books.
- Claimed By Dragons grew from a finished 32k novella to a 93k completed novel and endured nine rounds of edits with six different editors aside from our primary editor at Loose Id the amazing Rory Olson, who also worked each round. It was a high-speed circus of keeping everyone coordinated.
- The tighter the deadline the more I need music while I work. Music is my rocket-fuel on a hard day.
- I always keep a picture on my desktop of at least one of my heroes, so he can make eye contact with me and keep me in the writers groove.
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word
Katalina: In a word I would describe myself as “adventurous”. I’m always looking for something new on the horizon and feeling optimistic about heading toward the next interesting thing I can fall in love with.
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Katalina: Before you contacted me Jenn, I did know a little about Studio Smexy through social media sites. I’m happy to report Amber and I were delighted to get a Studio Sexy image on the cover of Claimed By Dragons!
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Katalina: The one word I would use to describe my Studio Smexy cover image is “Inclusive” I love this ménage image because it’s far like the vibe that she seems to be in control guiding the show. Our heroine Jael (pronounced Ji-el) in Claimed By Dragons starts the story as an indecisive person and blooms into a more confident, take-charge woman. Winning the love of two dragon-shifters will do that. : )
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Katalina: 2013 is already off to a great start. I just had two new erotic-romance paranormal novels contracted with a third contract on the way from Ellora’s Cave. Also Amber and I will be working on books three and four of the Bag Of Tricks series for Loose Id Publishing. I’m really looking forward to working on that and hope to have a couple more Studio Smexy book covers in my near future.
Katalina: Thank you Jenn and Studio Smexy for having me as your guest!
I love writing for Ellora’s Cave. I was an avid fan long before I had the courage to write my own stories. For many years I was primarily a painter. I started writing several years ago when I felt the need to fill a larger canvas and tell bigger stories without actually taking up more space. lol
Ellora’s Cave provided my imagination with everything I loved about traditional romance novels without the coyness. They were painted in bold colors and I loved the variety of authors and genres offered. I loved it so much I started writing so I could get in on the fun.
I’ve been very fortunate to live an adventurous life with the love of my life and fellow artist at my side. My husband and I share our lives with a wonderful son and a very sweet border collie named Molly.
Find Katalina: Author Site
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of Claimed By Dragons. All you have to do is leave a comment.