More words, more pictures.
After a chaotic couple weeks of casting and costumes I decided none of the dresses I looked at were worthy of my book. Costume shops are great for many things, one of which being bulk costumes with lots of wear and tear. Most of the Victorian ballgowns were well worn and looking a bit shaggy, so I decided to make my own. I went to David’s Bridal where all the clearance gowns were an additional 50% off and picked out the biggest gown I could find in the color I wanted. I spent the next day deconstruction and reconstructing the gown. It was fun, I was rusty with a needle, but I think it will translate well enough.
With the pending release of the iPad (don’t even get me started on that horrible name, no women in Apple marketing? What?), I decided some color would be great to accompany the iTunes app version of my novel, so I am now attempting to add the color back in, where before the tone was the most important. I also went through and re-edited several images I already shot in color, so they are ready for publication.
I sent out a quick query and got the fastest rejection ever! I was most impressed with the speed of the agents reply! Whoosh! No thanks! I’m really not ready for queries, it had been a long night and someone should have intervened but alas there was nobody.
The next photo shoot is scheduled for Sunday and it is a big one, both models, hair and makeup artist, art director, the whole she-bang. I rented a vintage mens suit, complete with a beautiful cut-away jacket, brocade waistcoat, and neck cloth. I must remember to borrow some cufflinks from my dad.
So here are some really bad camera phone pictures of the dress and suit. Better pictures will follow on Monday (of course!)