#StudioSmexy Superstar of Romance Author Grace Callaway
Grace Callaway is one of #StudioSmexy’s newest authors. She works with Carrie Divine, one of my fav designers, and her covers are SCRUMPTIOUS. I love seeing what Carrie Does with Grace’s ideas, my images and her creativity. So let’s meet Grace!!
Jenn: Tell us 5 fun facts about your book.
- When I say the hero Hux is tortured by his demons, I’m talking really tortured. By real demons.
- Abigail Jones started out as novella and ended up at 110K+ words. (So everyone’s definition of a novella is different, right?)
- It intertwines gothic romance, paranormal mythology, and even a bit of Victorian art history. Oh, and did I mention lots and lots of smexiness?
- It was inspired by two of my favorite novels as a teenager: Jane Eyre and Rebecca.
- Abigail Jones is the first in the trilogy. Hold onto your carriage straps: newly-weds Abby and Hux will be encountering more strange and dangerous paranormal forces in the next installment, which has a planned release date in December 2013.
Jenn: Did you know of Studio Smexy before it ended up on your cover?
Grace: I found Studio Smexy through a random web search. When I saw Jenn’s fabulous photos, I knew I’d found what I wanted for the “Abigail Jones” trilogy. Three photos of the same hot couple in historical clothing aren’t exactly easy to come by!
Jenn: How well does the cover illustrate your vision of the hero/heroine? Of the story?
Grace: I’d say it’s pretty darn perfect, thanks to my genius cover artist Carrie Divine @ Seductive Designs. Although maybe my heroine wouldn’t wear pink … but the overall cover palette was so gorgeous that I couldn’t resist I think the elements of the cover really convey the tone of the story: sexy, gothic, paranormal, and mysterious.
Jenn: If you could pick one element for your cover, what would it be? (chest, landscape, dress…)
Grace: For me, it’s always the couple. Gotta feel the smolder
Jenn: Describe your cover in one word (smexy or sexy doesn’t count)
Grace: I’d say … “intriguing”.
Jenn: Describe yourself in one word
Grace: Um … “zany”? Hubby–looking over my shoulder–disagrees and says “cute”. Which is why he is my hubby.
Jenn: What can readers expect from you next?
Grace: I’m currently working on the next book in my national and international bestselling Mayhem in Mayfair series. These are steamy Regencies; Her Protector’s Pleasure (Book 3 in the series which includes Her Husband’s Harlot and Her Wanton Wager) will be out Summer 2013.
After that, I’ll be onto the 2nd book in the Chronicles of Abigail Jones.
Jenn: Is there more #StudioSmexy in your future?
Grace: Absolutely! Her Protector’s Pleasure and the Abigail Jones trilogy will be graced with Studio Smexiness!
National bestselling author Grace Callaway writes steamy historical romances set in the Regency and Victorian eras. Her debut manuscript, Her Husband’s Harlot, was a Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® Finalist, a #1 National Regency Bestseller, and reached the Top 100 in multiple national and international bestseller lists.
She also holds a doctorate from the University of Michigan and practices clinical psychology. She lives in California with her family and has a passion for many things …just not house cleaning. Or cleaning in general.
Today on the blog you can win an ebook copy of Abigail Jones. All you have to do is leave a comment.